SENIOR LOAN ACCOUNTANT
BASIC FUNCTION: The Senior Loan Accountant is responsible for ensuring compliance with the Company’s financial plans and policies, and is directly responsible for its accounting practices, the maintenance of its fiscal records and the preparation of financial reports. The Senior Loan Accountant is also responsible to provide support to the Accounting team.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, & WORK EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field.
• 3+ years of accounting experience.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Strong analytical problem-solving skills.
• Proficient with Microsoft Excel and other MS Office products.
• Ability to interact and communicate positively with internal and external business partners.
• Exposure to commercial lending or financial instruments a plus.
• NetSuite experience a plus.
• SOX compliance experience a plus.
• Ability to work with little to no supervision.
• Responsible for keeping accurate accounting ledgers for a portfolio of complex commercial, construction, and land loans.
• Willing to work in a dynamic fast-growing business and be willing to take on additional roles and responsibilities over time.
• Record new loans, amendments, and extensions by reviewing and correctly interpreting executed loan documents.
• Ensure deferred fees and amortization schedules are processed for new originations and loan amendments.
• Process and review interest payments, principal payments, principal advances, and construction draw wires with an understanding of accounting practices.
• Create new borrower accounts into NetSuite.
• Calculate and distribute monthly interest invoices to borrowers.
• Prepare and manage the interest collection spreadsheet detailing payment receival method.
• Enhance good working relationships with borrowers to provide loan status updates and assist with inquiries related to loan accounting.
• Act as liaison to internal business partners and borrowers to ensure borrowers’ needs are fulfilled.
• Maintain accurate financial records while complying with company, local, state, and federal accounting and financial regulations.
• Prepare financial reports by compiling, analyzing, and summarizing borrower transactions and trends.
• Maintain and reconcile balance sheet and general ledger accounts.
• Clearly present data narratives to managers, investors, and other entities
• Perform internal financial audits and reconcile discrepancies
• Assist with quarterly and annual public company audits.
• Maintain effective internal controls documentation that follow designed processes and procedures.
• Perform other duties, assignments, and special projects as assigned.
• Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively
• Cost Consciousness – Works within approved budget
• Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
• Quantity – Completes work in a timely manner
FULL TIME – EXEMPT POSITION
SALARY $95,000 – $105,000
Join our Talent Network
Take the first step today by submitting your resume.
"*" indicates required fields