POSITION TITLE: General Accounting Intern
DIVISION/DEPARTMENT: Accounting and Finance
REPORTS TO (TITLE): Accounting Manager, Accounts Payable and Payroll
BASIC FUNCTION: Broadmark Realty Capital Inc is looking to summer interns for an eight-week program. Interns will have an opportunity to gain hands-on experience and learn about accounts payable and treasury functions. These internships are intended to provide entry-level experience for students who want to work in the accounting profession. The job responsibilities for each role include the following:
General Ledger Accounting:
- General Ledger
- Monthly closing journal entries for fixed assets, prepaid expenses, and accrued liabilities
- Balance sheet account reconciliations
- Perform additional tasks or projects to learn more about accounting operations
- Respond to internal and external requests by analyzing financial data
- Accounts Payable
- Invoice entry into NetSuite and generate payment batches
- Set up new vendors in NetSuite and work with vendors to ensure payment information is accurate.
- Enter payments and refunds for escrow accounts.
- Investigate discrepancies between bank transactions and NetSuite.
- Reconcile credit card statements, escrow accounts, and bank accounts.
- Junior or Senior student majoring in accounting
- Completion of upper-division accounting courses
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office products
- Studying for the CPA exam is a plus
- Strong written communication and analytical problem-solving skills
- Team player with good interpersonal communication that can confidently work directly with internal and external business partners
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness in preparing quality work products
- Completes work in a timely manner
- Motivated and a strong desire to learn as much as possible
Compensation: $20 per hour